Power lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power lift?

Hey guys, so I've decided to change it up a bit and I've done the smolov Jr. Bench press power lifting routine for the last 3 weeks and I've gone from benching 65kg up to 85kg in just 3 weeks which is insane! But I'm looking to increase my strength across all muscle groups and thinking about just getting into power lifting for a say maybe 6 months or a year to get some massive strength gains and then go back to body building once I'm happy with what I'm lifting.

Does anyone have any good weekly routines that will help train all muscle groups and also how to calculate what my starting weights should be and how much I should increase lifting each week. Don't want to just focus on one muscle group like I have the last 3 weeks trying to target everything and keep my core strong. Thankyou in advance.

Are you on cycle?
    how old are you?

you should be able to bench body weight at a starting point.

Not a power lifter by all means but my strength numbers on big 3 to give you an idea was
    160/260/200 @90kg bench/condead/squat (on deca cycle)

steered away from one rep max too often as I heard it can be trouble for your cns

minor tear in my pec didn’t help either.

Comment

• Thatschillman
      Thatschillman commented
      Editing a comment
      8th week of test e 500mg pw and deca 400mg pw

I weigh 76kg and am 25 years old

I rarely squat as my form is ****n terrible but I do squats with bar on my front coz that's easier for me to keep in good form at 60kg

Dead lift is at 130kg

My legs are pretty pathetic in a bit of a ***** when it comes to leg day I tend to skip more often than not so that definitely needs improvement

I don't do 1 rep max either as I don't ever have a partner to spot me don't really feel like getting caught under anything I can't lift

• WAR13
      WAR13 commented
      Editing a comment
      why would you skip? If your legs are deficient that should send a message to you to perhaps start to double up on them. Remember the old shots of Arnie when he was in the water all the time? His calves weren't good so he upped it, until they were. Either put in the effort or stop the bus and get off.

mate your deff in the wrong sport, stick to just building muscle first, u deff should not be usin juice yet either, sounds like ya training is **** so youll gain a tad size (water) then loose more than u had wen u pct and loose any strength u made, please prove me wrong but **** way too early in my opinion
    Last edited by ncnspkus; 16-11-2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Totally agree with ncnspkus ....

Comment

It concerns me how often we see this:

...8th week of test e 500mg pw and deca 400mg pw; I weigh 76kg and am 25 years old...
        You really need to sort the basics out first mate, and as ncnspkus said, you certainly don't need gear. You're wasting your time and money - you haven't even maximized your natural potential.

Comment

Well I started using gear when I was 46kg roughly 2 years ago so I think I've done alright so far gaining 30kg. But was just looking for some workout routines for training purposes. Frankly I don't really enjoy training legs not like I never train them i just don't like it so I skip them often and do upper body instead.

Comment

surely this is a troll? please put up pics coz u must be 4ft tall and just skin and bone, and dont like trainin legs yet wanna power lift? wat the actual ****.... stop waistin your time and ours, get yaself a trainer and diet coach and get back to us in a few years

Comment

No need to be a ****n ******* I just asked for some training routines I didn't ask for you to evaluate my life choices. In my original post I mentioned wanting to gain strength in "all muscle groups" completely understanding that that includes legs which I said also need improvement. I didn't come here to beaten down

Comment

how about training legs each week even once theres a start, and **** use some brains look on google or youtube on lifting for a begginer or some **** i mean **** me not rocket science or get some e books i see mark bell is doin stronger in 30 days books now get them they strength trainin, no one here is gonna put in hours of info on routines for ya so go off ya own back coz to get where u want u need to put the work in not anyone else

Comment

• Skizzen
                  Skizzen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Savage but this is what needs to be said

Yes, there are plenty of sub 82.5kg/181lbs Powerlifters on gear whos lifts obliterate most people here but the problem is your lifts and experience just do not warrant using 900mg a week.

If you want get stronger and compete in powerlifting then more than anything you need a Powerlifting coach and not 900mgs of gear a week.

At your level you will 100% get more out of good coaching/programming, learning good technique, lots of volume and high frequency on competition lifts/variations than running all that gear at this point

I compete in Powerlifting so im telling you what i know will work.

Comment

• Thatschillman
                  Thatschillman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the genuine input mate

I didn't ask for anyone to put heaps of time and energy into customising a routine for me. I asked because there are millions of routines on the net and I have no idea which one to use. Your comment about Mark Bell would've sufficed as for the information I am looking for. Don't understand why you getting so bent up I thought this site was used to get information from other people who already know the answers I'm looking for. I even mentioned in my original post that I've just finished the smolov Jr. Routine so I've done a small amount of research for myself and already completed a routine just wanted some tips on where to go. Was workouts and training the incorrect place to ask about workouts and training? Are the inexperienced not aloud to ask questions ? Calm down bro

Comment

• WAR13
                  WAR13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just getting back to the legs mate, i know you're not a fan but include them into your workout once a week. If your form isn't good on barbell squats use a squat machine, use the range of iso machines for leg extension and hammies throw some seated calves and standing calves in (i try to do calves twice a week) and the least favorite lunges are good for the quads and glutes, they suck but its part of the road.

Do one of the many 5×5 variations on the net. Stick to it for a year and get strong.

Comment

ok i apologize, look nothing will beat hard work in and out of the gym so diet/rest/gym is all you, back wen i was starting out there wasnt all these forums, it was either youtube/google or a good coach to talk to about things but mainly common sense, for you id say work ya ass off on all the compound lifts, doing them properly working up in weight then down for pyramid sets if done properly youll be toast, train 3 times a week splitting the compounds up so push exercices mon, legs wed, then pull exercises fri, since u wanna bulk u need plenty of rest on juice or not, u can do isco exercises to finish if u choose but you need to build a solid base and compound lifts r wats gonna get u there, take ya time dont go tryin to do max lifts each week if u really want to do max lifts do them every 4-6 weeks, just work on volume first 6-8 reps then later down the track wen youve built more of a solid base all over then head into 2-3 or 4 reps, warm up of course dont go straight into tryin to smash compound lifts out, just be smart about it

Comment

• Thatschillman
                    Thatschillman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No worries thanks man very helpful exactly what I was looking for I'll definitely start this on Monday. Appreciate the help bro

no worries bro, i dont usually blast anyone maybe its the halo thats given me a short fuse since ive stepped it up for strongman comp this weekend comin, but i dont wanna use that as a excuse, i really didnt know if it was a troll post coz it does happen on here so again i apologise and hope you dont hold it against me im generally a good bloke thats happy to help anyone, its just mainly thinking about wat u wanna acheive and really putting in the hours to come up with the exercises nessasary for your goals, i really cant stress enough on not only diet but also rest, ive had 2 torn lats and a torn tricep this year due to not resting enough and hitting heavy compounds with not enough warming up to be fair aswell, i wish u the best and please if u have any questions on anything please send me a pm and ill help ya best i can bro 💪

Comment

Nah no stress at all bro we're good, got some good info in the end haha

And yeah I can understand the rest part, this bench routine I've been doing is benching 4 times a week for 3 weeks and my left arm was giving me some grief on Friday and Saturday my last 2 days of training, thought I was gonna break something so definitely can see the need for it.

Thanks man il get my routine in order and keep my diet up and do my leg day on Wednesday every week and hopefully I'll have some good progress in the next couple months. Will let you know if I need any pointers since you offered but il find my way from what you've given me first.

Comment

• ncnspkus
                      ncnspkus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      easy mate let me know how u go keen to see ya progress
                  Working...
                  X