Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave's in depth PCT discussion and protocol. (PART 1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave's in depth PCT discussion and protocol. (PART 1)

I wish I could post these blog posts in a single article, but if they drag I exceed the word count. Again, I have posted for the BS readers one of my daily blogs from another forum. This blog discusses in depth the questions of PCT that I am posed with several times per day. Please see the PCT section for the other parts to this text. I hope this helps, David.

“Hi Dave. Hope you had a great New Year. I am just finishing up my test e and dbol cycle. Could you recommend me a PCT?”

I really wish I could answer a question like this in a single paragraph—and I probably could—and I probably have before. But, enough is enough. My moral compass has been a little off course and it is time to set the record straight. It is my job—no, it is my duty to discover and inform the community of the right answers, not so I can be right. And if that right answer is later proven to be wrong, then I must inform the community again. And if that answer requires a lengthy discussion, then so be it. Well today, I am having that discussion on Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) after an anabolic steroid cycle. So, what is the best PCT? Well, in order to answer that question accurately, I am going to have to ask some questions myself first.

The success of a PCT will ultimately be determined on the timing of the PCT and that timing will depend on the compounds and doses of those compounds the user has chosen for his cycle. What do I mean by this? Let’s use the cycle in the title as our hypothetical for this explanation. A user will email me the question:

“I am just finishing up my test e and dbol cycle. Could you recommend me a PCT?”

How do I respond? Or better, how should any educated advisor respond? Here is what I will ask:

“Hello. In order to recommend a PCT for you, I will need some more information from you. Could you please answer these questions for me below:”

1.) What dose of testosterone enanthate and dianabol have you been using?
    2.) How long have you been using these two compounds?
    3.) How are you dosing them? (daily? Weekly? SubQ, IM?)
    4.) Any previous AAS cycle history?
    5.) Any pre-cycle or mid-cycle lab work?
    6.) Any other medications or relevant information?
    7.) Are you on a budget or is cost not an issue?

7 important pieces of information I need to know in order to construct an appropriate PCT. So, how did the client answer?

1.) What dose of testosterone enanthate and dianabol have you been using?

I am using 500 mg weekly of test e and 50 mg daily of dbol with 0.5 mg of arimidex twice a week.

2.) How long have you been using these two compounds?

I am just about to finish my 10th week this Monday.

3.) How are you dosing them? (daily? Weekly? SubQ, IM?)

I take 50 mg dbol 3 hours before training everyday and on rest days I take them around the same I would train. I am injecting 250 mg of test e on Monday and 250 mg of test e on Thursday in my glutes.

4.) Any previous AAS cycle history?

This is my second cycle.

5.) Any pre-cycle or mid-cycle lab work?

I have some blood work I can email through before my cycle. My Testosterone was 15.6 nmol/L and all my other lab values are within normal ranges. It took me a long time to get my testosterone up after my last PCT, which was a nolva only PCT. That is why I am asking you Dave. It was a horrible time my last PCT and I suffered some mood issues and lost a lot of muscle I had gained from my first cycle.

6.) Any other medications or relevant information?

I am taking Ipamorelin with CJC-1295 w/DAC. Will that affect my recovery? I do not drink, smoke or take any recs. I eat pretty well and I am always relatively lean.

7.) Are you on a budget or is cost not an issue?

I just want the right PCT for me. I am not rich either but so keep that in mind aha.

Now I have all the information I need to construct a PCT for this client. First off, we know that previously to starting this cycle, the client did not have low testosterone to begin with, which is a factor often not considered before beginning PCT. There have been countless cases of those who have cycled on and off for years without checking their lab work and have potentially not recovered since their first cycle. It is important to note that to accurately check whether or not you have recovered from a cycle, you should check your blood work only after all PCT meds have cleared, which is at least 3-4 weeks after your last SERM (nolva/clomid) dose. Many users check their blood work while they are using hCG or during SERM treatment to determine their recovery. Simply put, this approach is worthless. However, there are some benefits for checking blood work at various points during a PCT to see if a user is responding. We will get to that a bit later on.

We know the client is otherwise healthy and is not taking any other medications that may negatively affect the HPTA. A quick definition of the HPTA for any of the newbies reading on:

HPTA: An abbreviation for Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis. The axis that regulates endogenous testosterone through the relationship of these glands.

This is why there is another term for PCT which is called HPTA restoration, because the goal is to restore the HPTA which was once shut down due to the use of anabolic steroids. When you use anabolic steroids, your brain identifies the supra-physiological levels of circulating androgens and replies by shutting down its own production of natural testosterone, luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone. PCT or HPTA restoration is an effort to re-establish homeostasis (aka return to normal).

We also know the anabolic steroid history of the client. He has cycled once before and struggled to recover with nolva only as his PCT. This is a great point of discussion and one that people often confuse me with. Now, absolutely do I strongly believe that a nolva only or SERM only PCT is not the best choice for any PCT. Even for a first cycle. Even for a short cycle. Does that mean that a SERM only PCT will not work? No, it does not. In fact, some users have recovered without a PCT at all. What I recommend is a series of medications that have been shown to work in 1000’s of users in my experience and others, plus there is some weak data on a similar protocol to mine out there on the web. The medications have been chosen by me based on theory and mechanistic data, because the funds required for the official research needed to discover the best PCT is likely not to surface within the scientific community anytime soon. Why is that? Ethics and politics. The same story as always. So, with that preface, by all means, do the PCT you feel is right for you. I am merely explaining my approach that is backed by my experience as a coach. With that said, to me there are some obvious pitfalls with a SERM only PCT and with my “leave no stone unturned” protocol, I am yet to fail even the most challenging of HPTA dysfunction cases. I am confident that if you use my protocol, then you will successfully restore your natural testosterone to healthy levels.

Back to our hypothetical example. We know he is injecting 500 mg of testosterone weekly, split into two even intramuscular injections and he is also using 50 mg of dianabol daily in a single dose.

[Note: Intramuscular injections and sub-cutaneous injections differ slightly in drug metabolism as IM injections enter and exit faster than SC injections. Still though, in this context we can only guesstimate at best, so I do not recommend any differences for PCT timing with SC vs IM. SC injections are growing more popular, so if that changes, I will be sure to let everyone know.]

For estrogen control he is using 0.5 mg of arimidex twice per week. Now, this is where timing comes into work. The goal is to never let the user experience a bout of low testosterone, so we must transition the user from his steroid cycle to his PCT by overlapping the medications. As the anabolic steroids are almost cleared, the PCT begins—but not after the anabolic steroids clear. During, not after. So, when do testosterone enanthate and dianabol clear? A few definitions we need to know first:

Elimination Half Life: A biological half-life or elimination half-life is the time it takes for a substance (drug, radioactive nuclide, or other) to lose one-half of its pharmacologic, physiologic, or radiological activity.

Mean Residence Time (MRT): the mean residence time is the average time the drug stays at the site of action

Testosterone enanthate has an elimination half-life of 4.5 days and a mean residence time of 8.5 days when used as a depot intramuscular injection.Most of the time, I use the half-life only with drug elimination and it seems to be accurate enough if that is the metric you want to use, however with some AAS I have found to consider the MRT also. In my experience, for most users, their dose of testosterone enanthate halves every week or so. It is important to realise that from person to person the elimination time of the drug can vary, so we can accurately guesstimate at best. However, from a clinical standpoint, guesstimating is good enough in the context of PCT. Dianabol has an elimination half-life of just a few hours (3-5 hours) so you can be sure that no dianabol will be left in your body at even the highest dose, provided you stop 72 hours before your intended clearance time.

The dose is equally as important as knowing the compound itself.

“The success of a PCT will ultimately be determined on the timing of the PCT and that timing will depend on the compounds and doses of those compounds the user has chosen for his cycle.”

Click here to go to Part 2: https://bs-forum.com/forum/forum/oth...col-hcg-part-2

Last edited by austeroids; 18-01-2019, 09:05 PM. Reason: PCT

Great post looking forward to part 2

Comment

Working...
    X